Thursday, June 23, 2011

Damn those Death Knights

When I first heard about Death Knights I was of the mind that the class was a cheat. Starts at 55! When you get out of the starting area you're at 58! And with full blues! Plus I'd seen them fail as tanks in dungeons and I saw hundreds of them running around PvP servers. So I did not like them...
That was then.
This is now.
Merrex, a Worgen Death Knight on Llane. I love wolves! Have since I was really young. I saw American Werewolf in London when it was still a new movie. Scared the crap out of me as a child. And I loved it! I always cheered for the Big Bad Wolf. He should have devoured those damn pigs! So when I told friends I had gotten the Cata expansion and had not made a worgen, some of them asked who I was and where the real me was being held. Not that they wanted the real me back. I'm sometimes a real bastard. So I finally decided I'd make a worgen. But I already had a hunter, Azlaeth, a night elf. As you might have noticed since this blog is all about him and my adventures in WoW. What class would I make my worgen? Druid? Had one, was now bored with him, why make another one. Rogue? nope. Priest? Sorry, but a big bad ass wolf should not be a squishy healer. How about a... Death Knight? It looked cool as I went though making the toon. Sure. Why not.
And Merrex was given life. I had already read all about the starting quests for a DK and soon had cleared them all and was free from the Lich King's will. And already I was... well... really enjoying the nasty ass powers that a DK can call forth. I don't do tanking, so I was told by a friend who has a DK not to use the Blood talents. After looking at Frost and Unholy builds I decided I'm more of an Unholy type. I guess having a pet ghoul is like being a hunter. I still was not completely sold at this time. But I had to admit, maybe my prejudice towards DKs was a bit hasty.
OK... long story short. I've gotten him to 61 and he has become my second favorite toon. No one will replace Azlaeth as my favorite. But Merrex is AWESOME!
So to all the DKs out there that I have talked down to... my bad. I'm not into saying sorry so be happy I gave it that much.

OK.
I also made a promise to myself. Until another toon hits 85 I will not use Azlaeth. And so it looks like Merrex will need to level quick.

And a note not WoW related. My son, Ian, graduated from 5th grade today. Heading to Middle School next year. If he survives that, then he might have a shot at surviving High School. Fun fun.
I got him Plants Vs Zombies for the DS as a graduating gift. Now he'll stop playing mine so I can play. LoL.

Have fun storming the castle.
Azlaeth, the Hunter
Merrex, the Death Knight 


Last minute Edit. Here is a picture of Merrex. He got that sword last night. It's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment